Transcatheter Antiembolic Filter (TAF)
TAF unique design is compatible with all TAVIs’ delivery catheters.
TAF adoption contributes to perform safer TAVIs’ procedures thus extending their use in lower risk younger patients.
- TAF protects TAVI implanted patients from cerebral embolic injuries, acute kidney failures and embolism of peripheral organs
- TAF is easily deployed and positioned in the ascending aorta obtaining a perfect matching with the aorta’s wall
- TAF has net mesh with a porosity lower than 70 µm capturing even the smallest embolic debris
AorticLab calcium debridement system
TDD device is designed to break and fragment the calcific plaques present on the native aortic leaflets and bioprosthetics leaflets.
TAF and TDD are designed to work together composing the AorticLab system.
- TDD acts gently fragmenting the calcific vegetations present on the valve without damaging the leaflet tissue and without local temperature increase
- The calcium debridement is obtained by an innovative double ultrasound frequency treatment generating a cavitation effect inside the leaflet tissue
- The valve leaflets, during the TDD treatment, are blocked obtaining an effective debridement while the blood circulation is granted by a temporary prosthetic valve removed after the procedure